The box started out as a pine trinket box from the dollar store. The doll is a from a mold I made of a froze charlotte doll. I found a great source for them, but I don't like to use the original antique ones n projects. So far the molded ones have worked great. I rusted this one. Behind the doll is burned satin and crushed velvet, as well as a scrap of antique lace I had lying around.
The key is also molded from an original. Nice keys aren't always easy to find so I try to make molds when I can. Some of the keys I have are too small, which is a bummer.
I stained and sealed the box, added the toggle to pull it open. It isn't finished yet... but it is almost there.